Ten things I am grateful for right now (in no particular order), Alhumdulillah…
- Midwives- Seriously they are the best thing ever. They are so kind and helpful and caring. They always seem to go above and beyond, Alhumdulillah. My experiences with my last 4 pregnancies and births have all been positive. And even though I had some challenges with my last pregnancy and had to have my care transferred over to a doctor, my midwife stayed with me during the labour even though she didn’t have to, which I really appreciated.
- Summer weather- Everyone was complaining about how hot it was, but after being pregnant for the first half of summer with my oversized belly, I am actually really enjoying it, belly free, no matter how hot it is! I love going for walks in the parks on trails with the family.
- Fit Bit- Speaking of walks, I am really into using my fitbit to count my daily steps. I have been aiming to get 10,000 steps a day but have only been succeeding half the week. But it’s good progress I believe, considering I had a baby not too long ago :). InshaAllah I will get there! The fitbit really motivates me.
- Dressing baby boys- I know I’ve said this before, but I can’t get enough of dressing my little man! I have had enough of frills and bows after having 3 girls haha.
- Family- I am soo grateful for family. My husband was able to take time off the first weeks after baby was born and he helped me out a lot, and I also stayed with my brother and sister-in-law for a week and she cooked and did everything for me, May Allah reward her! My mother also came to visit for a week and helped me out with the kids and chores. And my mother-in-law helps me out all the time whenever I ask her if she can watch the kids she is there for me. My eldest girl helps me day in and day out, I honestly don’t know what I would do without her, she is such a good girl, mashaAllah. May Allah reward them all, Ameen.
- Audiobooks- I love listening to audiobooks these days, especially right before bedtime, when all the kiddos are in bed, and I am nursing the baby. I just close my eyes, nurse, and someone reads me a bedtime story, perfect!
- Crafting- When I was busy with my business and tired from pregnancy I didn’t get that much time to do any crafting with my girls. But recently we have been doing a lot of things including painting, print making, nature collages, popsicle stick puppets, furniture makeovers and more. It’s been a lot of fun creating with them, look out for some of our projects here on the blog soon, insha’Allah.
- Vans- Okay so we recently switched over from a packed car to a spacious van! We used to use all 5 seats in our car and with the stroller taking up most of the trunk, it was always pretty tight in there! Alhumdulillah we have a van now with two empty seats and lots of trunk space for both strollers and groceries! I am really enjoying it Alhumdulillah.
- Simplicity- I am really trying to simplify my life in many ways- simplify our routines and schedules, simplify our home by declutttering and keeping only what we love and use. As I simplify I am able to use my time for things that are most important Alhumdulillah.
- Pocket calendars- a little random thing I am grateful for, but I have been keeping pocket calendars since the year I got married. They are so small and convenient to put in your purse, and I now have a collection of them from the past 11 years and it’s great to look back on my life and see what I did in the past and how my life has changed with each year and every new child I’ve had.
Well those are a few things I am enjoying and am truly grateful for. What are you grateful for these days?