It’s funny having toddlers again. There was such a big age gap between my eldest girl and my second two girls that I almost forgot all the fun toddler type activities I used to do. So I decided to do an art activity with my two little girls (aged 2 and 3) and we made mobiles with things we already had in the house. If you’d like to make one as well, here’s what we did.
Supplies: (also required- hole puncher!)
1. Trace moons onto the piece of cardboard using the tape as an outline. Draw stars onto the cardboard as well. I just drew the stars freehand, I like how each is slightly unique adding a bit of quirkiness to it.
2. Cut out your shapes (may require parent’s help for this step).
3. Find a place to paint that you don’t mind getting dirty. Also advisable- wear old clothes! Paint your shapes.
4. Punch a hole in the top of each shape using a hole puncher.
5. Wrap the sticks with coloured yarn of your choosing.
6. Cut varying lengths of string to attach to the holes in your shapes and then to the stick. Make sure to knot them twice.
7. Add a piece of yarn to the top to hang.