It’s been quite some time that I have done any sewing for myself. I was really in need of a shirt that was nursing friendly so I picked up some lightweight fabric on sale at the local fabric store, and cracked open my “Happy Homemade: Sew Chic” book that I had yet to put to use. I decided on a loose fitting top with long sleeves, and modified it a bit to include a placket with buttons, cuffs on the sleeves, and a little bit more length. I also eliminated the tie in the neckline, and the roll-up sleeves. After trying on the shirt I realized that the neckline is a little too loose for my liking, and I accidentally cut out the sleeves in the wrong direction. Oops. Next time I try this pattern I will try to raise the neckline, take in the sleeves more so I won’t need to add cuffs, and maybe make it floor length so I can wear it as an abayah.